You are cordially invited to the wedding of Mr.Charles William Patton & Miss Bertha St.Clair Cox, 18th July 1906
You are all cordially invited to the wedding of Mr.Charles William Patton, eldest son of Mr. Charles Douglas & Mrs. Caroline Mary Alice Patton (nee Scott) to Miss Bertha St.Clair Cox, eldest daughter of Mr.Solomon & Mrs Lucy Winifred Cox on the 18th July 1906 at St.Clair, Fitzroy Street, St.Kilda, Victoria.
The following article appeared in the Punch, 9th August 1906
PUNCH, August 9 1906
MR C. Patton to Miss V. St. Clair Cox
A pretty wedding took place on Wednesday, 18th July, at “St. Clair,” Fitzroy street, St.Kilda, between Miss Bertha St.Clair Cox, eldest daughter of Mr. Solomon Cox, and Mr. Chas. Patton, eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. Patton of Wallan.
The Rev. E. T. Cox, of Armadale (cousin of the bride) officiated.
The bride, who was given away by her brother, Mr. Geo. Cardigan Cox, wore a pretty gown of ivory silk, trimmed with chiffon and Valenciennes lace.
A chaplet of orange blossom in her hair was covered by a tulle veil, and her ornaments were a magnificent diamond bird and cresent, the gift of a M. A. Jenkins. She carried a shower bouquet of white flowers.
There were seven bridesmaids, Miss Elsie Cox wore a very pretty dress of cream silk, and Miss Nellie Cox (sisters of the bride) and Miss May (? Elsie May)Patton (sister of the bridegroom) were dress in cream voile(?), trimmed with chiffon and Paris lace.
Instead of hats they wore red tulle veils in a French style, and each carried a bouquet of red carnations, ferns and autumn leaves, with red silk streamers.
Misses Lucy Cox and Dorothy Cox (sisters of the bride) and Misses Vera and Queenie Foote (cousins of the bride)wore very pretty dresses of pale blue silk, and each carried a posy of Princes violets and autumn leaves.
Mr. Douglas Patton acted a best man, and Messrs. Francis Leonard Arthur and William Patton were groomsmen.
The room was beautifully decorated with wattle blossom, jonquils and ferns, and a wedding bell hung from the chandelier in the drawing-room.
The wedding guests, numbering upwards of 150, assemble at the Mechanics’ Institute, where wedding breakfast was served, after which the bride sang two songs, “At My Window” and “Good Love(?).
A dance followed, and early in the evening Mr. and Mrs. Patton departed for their honeymoon which they are spending in Ballarat. The bride travelled in a costume of cornflower blue, trimmed with applique lace and touches of pale blue Paris(?) velvet, with a smart cream panne velvet hat; she also wore a set of white furs, the gift of the bridegroom.
The presents were numerous and costly.